Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to display 2 columns in Crystal reports 8.5 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

suzyg

Technical User
Oct 23, 2007
CA
Is this possible - Do I need to use a cross tab or subreports...? If subreports then how? Thanks so much!!!
Lori

You should provide more info. If you just want details to be in two columns instead of one, go into the section expert->details->format with multiple columns->layout tab->select width and gap to force the columns.

-LB

Thank you - I do not see 'Details' in the Section Expert - I am using Crystal 8.5.

I am trying to update a report someone else built.. I have 3 columns of data - currently in a subreport - that I would like to be displayed in 2 columns on the page to save space - pretty simple - but I am not sure how. What other information do you need?

Thanks!

Right click on the subreport->edit subreport->format section->details and you should see the option for formatting with multiple columns at the bottom. There is no way for an entire report section to disappear from the section expert.

-LB

Thanks for your patience - I got that set up - can I tell it how many rows to print in one column before starting a new one? I am printing out data for a year and would like to have 2 columns with 6 rows each...? Thanks again

Create a formula:

whilereadingrecords;
numbervar cnt := cnt + 1;
numbervar y := 6;//number of rows per column
numbervar k;
numbervar m;

for k := 1 to 400 do( //use a number here that is at least (count of records)/y
if cnt in y*(k-1)+ 1 to y*k then
m := k
);
m

Insert a group on this formula and in the section expert, format the group footer to "print at bottom of page".

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back