Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to disable the entry schedule managment in Cognos Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissReportNet

Programmer
Dec 11, 2005
NL
Hi,

How can I disable the entry Schedule Managment for some users in Cognos Connection??!!!

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

MissReportNet

Hi MissReportNet

I've had a look and it doesn't seem that you can. Would be interested if you do manage to find a way though.

Gary Parker
MIS Data Analyst
Manchester, England

Hi Gary,

Thanks for your effort. If I will find out how I will let you know.

For others this dont mean the thread is closed ;-).

Cheers,

MissReportNet

Hi! The "Admininstration and Security Guide" Chapter 18 shows how to hide user interface elements listed in Appendix E. I use the system.xml method. I hide the tools from all but Administrators. I'm not sure if you can hide the tools if you need finer granularity than the ID's provided by Cognos.

hth...jean

Hi Jean,

Thx for your info. I take a look in the system.xml file but couldn't find a row with Schedule Managment entry. I have to hide the Schedule Managment entry. Can you please tell me more specified how to achief this.

Thanks in advance!!!

Cheers,

MissReportNet

Hi! You need to add to the system.xml in templates/portal/ps

<param name="ui_hide">
<CC_VIEW_TOOLS show="Administrators"/>
</param>

This will hide all the Tools for anyone who is not an Administrator This goes at the bottom before </system>

jean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back