Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to disable "Do not Disturb"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1mh

IS-IT--Management
May 18, 2011
US
Good afternoon guys,

I've been requested to lock out the Do Not Disturb (Feature 85) because several employees have been using it to avoid incoming calls, putting undue stress on some of the other employees.
I've been reading through the forums and Admin guides for the MICS, and I though this was possible by setting a restriction filter, and assigning it to those handsets, and putting Set Lock to Full.
So far I've been unsuccessful, and I'm not sure what to do next.

NA-MICS-DR 6.0

Here's an example of what I've tried:

From the FastRAD:

Restrictions
[
Restriction Filter - 02
[
Restriction 01 / Digits - 85
[
Restrictions
[
Schedules
[
Normal - use Filter 02
Night - " "
Evening - " "
Lunch - " "
^
Set Restrictions - Full

Any advice would be appreciated!

~jtk2

I don't know much, but what I do know, is that I don't know much.

The only way I believe you can do that is to use Set Lock Found in programming under restrictions/set restrictions.

@mavstech - Ahh, I mi-typed, please excuse the mis-communication. You are correct, and this is what I have set:

Terminals & Sets
[
DN 111
[
Restrictions
[
Set Restrictions / Set lock - Full

Yet, you can still hit [Feature] 85 - and Do Not Disturb activates.

I'm thinking that I'm not creating the filter correctly, but I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Thoughts?

~jtk2

Does Hit Feature 85 mean: pressing a button programmed with that feature or physically pressing the feature button followed by 85?

Physically pressing the Feature button followed by 85.

~jtk2

I just tested it on my system and works as stated. Are you sure you are restricting the correct extension? Try feature *0 then press one of the intercom keys to verify the extension number. Just a thought.

I second mavstech.

Full lock prevents the user from turning DND on (or off, if it is already on). The display will show "Set locked" when you press Feature 85 and Feature #85, as well as a DND button (if there is one programmed on your phone).

The only setting that needs to be changed is Terminals & Sets > [DN 111] > Restrictions > Set Restrictions > Set Lock. Restriction Filters only restrict digits dialled on outgoing lines.

It looks like your programming didn't stick. You can try again by following the steps described in the MICS 6.0 System Coordinator Guide. In the table of contents, look for "Changing Set Lock programming for a telephone" in the "Using System Features" chapter.

@mavstech - Tested it again this morning and it was successful. I'm going to go with user error, and that I did not save the filter change or Set Lock Full before exiting the FastRAD.

@Multimedium - SO, you don't have to set a filter? Just use Set Lock to Full, and it will prevent the use of any feature codes?

I don't have the MICS 6.0 System Coordinator Guide. If you have a good copy of the PDF, or can point me in that direction, I will gladly pick it up.
Everything I've done so far is learned from here on Tek-Tips, Google searching "restriction filters" and pbxbook.com/norstar/.

You are most likely correct. I didn't exit the FastRAD correctly, and didn't save the programming.

Thanks for the advice guys!

~jtk2

The guides can be download free from support dept at Avaya.com
just type in MICS 6.0 System Coordinator Guide

Filters are for preventing dialing certain digits and not related to Set Lock.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

N1mh said:
SO, you don't have to set a filter?

That's right, you don't.

Restriction Filters apply only to digits dialled on outgoing lines. If you created a filter that prevents dialling 85, the user won't be able to grab a line and dial anything that begins with 85. Instead, "Restricted call" will appear on the display and the call will be released immediately.

N1mh said:
Just use Set Lock to Full, and it will prevent the use of any feature codes?

Set Lock apply to features. The "Full" settings prevents the use of many features, but not all of them. For example, Feature 74 (Call Park) is always available, no matter how locked is the set.

The list of features that can be locked are listed in the System Coordinator Guide. There are PDF copies available online. Type "Modular ICS 6.0 System Coordinator Guide" in your favorite search engine and you will certainly find one.

Thank you, I did grab a copy. From what I thought I understood was that restriction filters could lockout certain features, and dialing certain digit combos.
My original goal was to find a way to only lockout "Do not Disturb" and not the full feature list, but if this is not possible the operations manager has approved us to use the Set lock Full.

Again, thank you both for your time and assistance!

~jtk2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back