Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to disable Menu bar on start up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelvin

Programmer
Apr 25, 2000
AU
I am still having problems
When opening a .mde database the main access menu bar is shown on top of screen before the .mde database is open.
Can anyone help me to disable this bar.I already have Created a custom Menu Bar and this comes up through the Startup, and have selected this menu when the application opens.
The problem is I do-not want to see the main Access menu bar for that 2 seconds before my custom one comes up.

Thanking you

Kelvin

Hi Kelvin,
unfortunately I don't think there is any way around it as what is effectively happening is access loads, then your mde loads. This means you always see the access menu bar until your mde or mdb is loaded.
Richard

Have you tried disabling all menu bars in your autoexec macro and then set the menubar property on your startup form? Not sure if this will help in your application, but it's probably worth a try.
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back