Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Disable Internet Connection Firewall on Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

maupiti

Programmer
Oct 27, 2003
US
Visual Basic 5.0
Disabling Internet Connection Firewall on Windows XP using VB 5.0

On Windows XP. Right click on the LAN connection
(Network card)
Properties --> "Advanced" TAB

uncheck the box - Protect my computert and network by
limiting or preventing access to this
computer from the internet.

=========================================

Hot do I Disable "Internet Connection Firewall"
in Windows XP using VB 5.0 ?

Microsoft web site said use the DisableInternetFirewall API, but it never specify exactly what is needed and there is no example code of how the API is called.

>You are a genius

No. He just did the research; you'd been given all the info necessary to do this yourself, specifically:

o name of the relevant XP type library
o details of the necessary XP ProgID so that you could use CreateObject
o links to the relvant web pages whichinclude code examples (granted the examples are for VBScript rather than VB, but it isn't terribly hard to translate).

I had hoped that this might lead you to your own solution, but you clearly have some confusion over some of this stuff which DrJavaJoe has kidly cleared up by presenting a code solution for.

But I have a real concern here. If this (relatively simple) stuff is causing problems, how on earth are you intending to implement the IPSEC tunnel (which seems to have been the driver for this particular requirement)?

You would have to set a reference to NetCon 1.0 Type Library before you can see it in the Object Browser. Hey, this thread has went full circle.

"Two strings walk into a bar. The first string says to the bartender: 'Bartender, I'll have a beer. u.5n$x5t?*&4ru!2[sACC~ErJ'. The second string says: 'Pardon my friend, he isn't NULL terminated'."

after reading this thread, am I understanding that the hnetcfg.dll is an error message that is implying an error in the configuration of XPs firewall? If not, please correct me. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back