Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to develop more advanced photoshop skills?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mistercitizen

Technical User
Apr 1, 2004
AU
I've been using photoshop for about 3-4 years now, and know my way around the program well. I know how to use all the major features I require in day-to-day design tasks.

I am interested in developing my skills beyond this point, and was wondering if anyone could offer advice on how to "take it to the next level"

Any general advice, website or books that might be of use would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance!

"NEW MASTERS OF PHOTOSHOP"
This is a great book. Each chapter is by a different world class photoshop designer. Each begins with the artist talking about their work as a whole(influences, design background) etc. then moves on to a detailed tutorial showing how that designer completed a photoshop project. My number 1 photoshop book (New Masters 2 is out in August as well).

I also subscribe to "Computer Arts" and "Computer Arts Projects" which are the best computer design periodicals by a mile. There's Photoshop tutorials in nearly every edition, as well as tutorials for Illustrator, 3d programs, Flash etc. Indespensible.

Tips and Techniques > more tips

Has many quicktime tutorials that are excellent.

I believe Russell Brown is/was the Artistic Director for Adobe from the begining and assisted in much of the earlier development

You can join NAAPS ( national association of photoshop professionals)
besides the web site you get lots of perks and the mag every month.
Its the best $99 I ever spent plus for me its a tax write off.

Thom

The longest jounney starts with the first step.

has Great seminars taught by top professionals like Scott Kelby and Ben Willmore. The one day seminars are only $99.00 and they offer discounts to Napp members, I highly recommend them if they have a seminar near you.

Perrin

Epson has a 'Print Academy' which teaches Photoshop techniques. One of the two options is series of presentations which are delivered online. They get stored on your PC so you can see them again anytime you want to brush up on a technique. See

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back