Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to determine incoming call forwarding number

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 15, 2000
CA
One of our phone users on our option 11c had a phone number set by the original installer of the pbx that would allow outside callers to direct dial his phone. It is not a DID setup, and I'm not sure what feature or ld to go into to find out what this number is. Does anyone have any ideas where I could look to find this?

Thanks,
Dean G>

auto term route, so i would ltm in 21, then prt the routes to see if auto is yes in any of them.. them print those tn's. one trunk is atdn to that station.. most common way to target a station in a non did switch.. idc does change a did to a non did but not used on non did/tie trunks

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

yes john is rigth ! Sorry I miss that "its not a DID".

Wolfi

I PRT'd all the routes and none atdn to the extension in question. Any other place I could look for this forwarding?

Thanks,
Dean G>

Look at the Route for the prompt ATDN and then print the TNB of a trunk in that route, the Trunk will say where it's going.

They all goto our Meridian Mail system. Is there another place that a number could be forwarded to an extension? I checked ld 49 (idc table) as well and it's not there.

What do the outside callers dial to get to this phone?

Knowing what they dial might help us figure it out.

That's the number I'm trying to find. He wants to put the number on his business card, and it's been several years since anyone's used it, so it's been long forgotten.

I do know that it's a local 7 digit number, and that's it.

You could try ld 23
prt
acd
enter through
look through these

Again if this is a copper trunk do as I said before
"Look at the Route for the prompt ATDN and then print the TNB of a trunk in that route, the Trunk will say where it's going."

Once you find the trunk TNB, you can put a buttset on it a dial 1800-444-4444 and that will tell you the number your calling from and then you'll have the number for him to put on his business card.

Don't you have DID at your location?

Looks like it was setup as a ACD Queue, with a NCFW to his extension. Thanks Nortellian, and to all who posted.

Thanks,
Dean G>

Even if it was setup as an ACD queue, it still needs a way to get to the ACD.

My apologies, it did turn out to be a DID. The ACD queue transferred the 4 digit extension to the person's phone in question.

I have a limited experience with telecom admin, so I'll state how it works from my limited understanding. The call number when dialed externally is a did number, which DENUS digits routes to a 4 digit incoming DID, which is translated via ACD to this person's pbx internal extension, as viewed by PRT'ing the ACD's in LD23?

Lol, I don't know, but I gave the user the DID number to put on his business card, and this thread told me where to goto look for it, so thanks folks, and tek-tips! I apologize if my lack of knowledge confused the issue.

Thanks,
Dean G>

Why not just put the DID number on the guy's phone and do away with the ACD Queue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back