Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Detect old tables not currently read

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonfer

Programmer
Jul 4, 2007
CA
Hello guys,

I have 50% of tables in a database NOT SET UP in auditing, so I cannot get the information about if they are currently used by any app or if any of them are read by some SELECT statement.

Like with the All_Tab_Modifications table where I can get Inserts, deletes, and updates.....

my question is : Is there any way how can I get the tables no currently read in my database by a SELECT and when was the last time?

Thanks in advance for any suggestion

GonFer

No, not without auditing turned on.

Bill
Lead Application Developer
New York State, USA

Bill,

thanks for your response.

Is there some select to know what tables are currently in auditing and what tables not?

Thank you

SELECT TABLE_NAME
FROM DBA_TABLES
WHERE MONITORING ='NO';

Bill
Lead Application Developer
New York State, USA

If monitoring is set for a table all DML actions on it are counted and can be found in ALL_TAB_MODIFICATIONS and it does not have anything to do with auditing.
Actually I'm not sure if there is a view to find out if a specific table is audited or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back