Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to detect Click + [Shift, Ctrl, Alt] 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bfwriter

Technical User
Jul 22, 2006
US
Sorry for the newbie question...

Is there a function to detect whether a Click event is Shift+Click, Ctrl+Click, Alt+Click, or (plain) Click? I am aware that the MouseDown event provides that status natively, but don't see how to pass that status to the Click event to be used in a DO CASE selector.

Thanks,
Will

Gentlemen
Thank you very much for your valuable information and tips and for giving so much of your time to other people from VFP community.
Tom

Also, you might need to take account of the fact that a drag-and-drop operation fires MouseDown, but not Click (as Dan pointed out). Even if the application doesn't involve drag-and-drop, the user might conceivably still try to drag something, even though the app doesn't let them do so. The MouseDown would still fire in that case, so you might need to take action to inhibit the Click.

Even taking drag/drop out of the equation, the user may still press the mouse button and try to drag. I do it myself all the time when I start to click and change my mind -- drag the mouse off the link before releasing the button and you cancel the click. I do it particularly frequently while browsing the web.

It's a real thing in real applications (like web browsers) that real people use for real things. Good to keep in mind. :)

...and one other real thing is links within Word documents or outlook mails only getting active, if you press CTRL. A security measure MS doesn't do within the IE browser, maybe because it's a W3C standard, that links should be clickable.

Bye, Olaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back