Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to deploy group policy in workgroup (without AD)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zacca

Technical User
Dec 25, 2003
HK
Hi there,

Only a small network about 10 computers.

Now I changed some settings on my own wxp via group policy, & I want to deploy those changes to the rest of the computers.

In a workgroup environemnt (without AD), how can I deploy the group policy to the rest without doing gpedit on each computer?

Many thanks!

Slighly different approach but may not work as well as some of the above.

How to apply the same Group Policy to many machines in a Workgroup environment. faq779-5596

Greg Palmer
Freeware Utilities for Windows Administrators.

I just want to create a custom local user template to apply to home office users before I deploy their computers to their home office? What is the easiest way to do this? I want to allow this user to access certain sites only and not allow downloads of any type, without administrative consent prior. I know that there are mmc's that can apply snap-ins for this, but isnt there a wizard or something like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back