Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Deploy DB Link to Target Schema Outside of OWB Repository?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveDBA

Technical User
Dec 11, 2002
US
When I create a Source Module in OWB, I define a DB link that is created in the OWB repository. That works fine. However, in order to run the data load from source to staging (staging is in a separate database than the OWB repository), another "target" database link must be used. I see no facility in OWB to generate and deploy a DB link in a target DB outside of the OWB repository.

I manually created a DB link in the target DB and the data load worked fine. But how do I get OWB to do this?

TIA,

David Wagoner

Hi, there

I am new guy with OWB, I have the following problem, do you have any idea about OWB deploy

I am trying to build up a warehouse using OWB, I have defined target schema, source schema, db link, connection, and mapping etc, all of them passed validation and generation without error, but when I try to deploy, I always fot the following error message:

Failed to connect to runtime platform, Please
checck you have provided the correct Host, user,
password and Service Name,
RTC-5301 The Runtime Service is not currently
available

I am using Oracle 9.0.1, OWB 9.0.4, and I think I set up OWB repository, runtime repository and runtime target schema properly.

Is there anything I missed, or something wrong. The deadline for the project is coming, I am going to be crazy. :(

I appreciate your help and suggestion very much

Donny

Donny,

Be sure that you have installed the OWB runtime in every target schema that you intend to deploy scripts to. Otherwise, you might check the MetaLink site (metalink.oracle.com) to see if you are experiecing a bug.

Best,

David W.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back