Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to delete a view saved in GW

Status
Not open for further replies.

lauw

IS-IT--Management
Mar 31, 2004
US
Hi,
I've shown a user how to save a view to for recurrent mail purpose.
He asked how to delete this view when not usefull anymore.
Didn't find any clue nor in GW userguide neither in Tek-Tips FAQ or GW forum.
Your help (not an emergency) will be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

If you're talking about a .vew file, you simply find where it was saved to and delete it just like any other file on the network. If it's a global .vew file, it'll be in one of the post office folders, otherwise it'll probably be on his hard drive.

Jules

Just another thought, if it's showing in a drop down menu in GW, there's a file that you have to amend that indexes the forms. You;ll need to remove it from the here too.

Jules

Hi,
yes it's a .vew file and I've deleted it on the hard drive but don't know where is the index file used by the drop down list.
Thanks for your help.

Is it the .ini files in the same folders with the .vew files?

OK, This issue is solved.
There is no .ini file in the folder were I have saved the views (I kept the default C:\Novell\Groupwise\)
A new try to create a .vew file and delete it shows that, [!]after having restarted groupwise[/!], the deleted view isn't shown in the drop-down menu anymore. Don't know why it wasn't the case before but know, it works fine.
Thanks to all for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back