Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to delete a bad item in Invenentory Management

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpsiks

IS-IT--Management
Jul 30, 2007
US
I have an Inventory item # "123" that is in 2 warehouses: 000 and 075. The quanity in warehouse 075 has -075 on hand. I don't know if someone has mistakenly input this in somewhere or not, but we do not have multiple warehouses turned on.

I had to turn on multiple warehouses, setup the warehouse code 075 and zeroed the negative quanity for that warehouse code. I then turned off multiple warehouse option so that the negative value won't show up in Inventory Inquiry.

Does anyone has any way to delete this warehouse from Item number "123"? I tried deleting the warehouse code 075, but obviously it wouldn't let me because it's being used in Item 123.

Thanks,

Sorry, the title for this thread is wrong. it should be about deleting a warehouse entry in inventory.

I did a physical count variance register to update the quanity for the item 123 in warehouse 075, if you are wondering how i did it.

hmmm sounds like you imported and then updated.

As you have found out you cannot delete a warehouse for which there is transactional history.

If there should never have been a warehouse 075 AND you only have ONE item that has this problem then you can delete information certain files to make it all go away. If there is more than one item it becomes a lot more complicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back