Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to define and assign banners in Exchange 5.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfierce

IS-IT--Management
May 1, 2001
US
An "Assign Banner" tab is present in the mailbox properties area but I'm unable to create or select any banners. Does anyone know how to do this? I have an address that one department is wanting to use for outgoing messages only, and they would like a disclaimer as a banner within each message stating that the recipient should not reply to the message as it is not a monitored mailbox. Any clues/suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks,
sfierce

Sorry - I thought between posting in the 5.5 forum and placing 5.5 in the thread title it would be assumed. I'm running Exchange 5.5 (sp4).

Thanks in advance for any advise.

It may have seemed like a stupid question, but I have been unable to find anything on 'assign banner', or 'banner' that references placing a banner in messages (other than the banners that appear in messages that you've replied to, but that's something different). I've also been unable to find an 'assign banners' tab anywhere.

Perhaps you could send me a screen-shot...

and maybe be rather less flippant with someone who is offering to help you.

If you mean disclaimer not banner, read the disclaimer FAQ in this forum. If you mean auto reply, use OOOA.

<signature for rent>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back