Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to deactivate the default compression in notes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sue21

Instructor
Mar 30, 2004
CH
Hi all,

Is it possible to deactivate the option "compressed" while attaching a file in notes? We have Mac Users who always need to deactivate this option for being able to send out their (eg. EPS) files. If they don't, recipients will have no possibility to open these files.

Thanks for any help!

ps: I already was told this is hard coded in notes - but still hope there is a way to deactivate it

Sue.

I don't understand what your issue is here. Notes compression only works from a Notes client to another Notes client. As soon as the mail exits a Notes environment (ie goes through the internet), the server automatically decompresses the attachment.
The recipients you are talking about, are they Notes users of the domain, or are they internet users outside the domain ?

Pascal.

If the recipients aren't doing it - you might have them try to detach the eps file before viewing. Some of the files we receive are like that: if we try to launch or view within Notes the image or data appears scrambled, but if we detach the file everything is ok. In any case as Pmonett said the decompression is limited in where and how it works.

Hi

Sorry, it's about sending it out >external/internet & no notes clients

Those (external) Recipients always get two files: one should be the eps, the other ist a hqx.

But if the option is manually deactivated, external users recieve 1 Attachment and can open it without any problems.

Weird, I know...

Sue.

You said it was when Mac users sent a file - isn't that an issue with the Mac file system ?
Do those users save the file in a Windows-compatible format before attaching ?

Pascal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back