Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to deactivate Illustrator CS3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
May 13, 2009
US
My PC crashed due to a bad motherboard. The hard drive is OK. The IE person gave me another motherboard and a new hard drive. I hooked up the old drive as a slave drive on my new PC because I need to copy some data over.

My question is: How do I deactivate Illustrator CS3 from the old drive (now a slave drive on my new PC)?

Thanks,
Brian

I believe the best method is to just install CS3 on the new computer and it will ask you to reactivate, at this point you are required to uninstall it from your old computer...

...more info here:

...if you can run CS3 from the slave drive, you can deactivate by choosing help > deactivate from within Illustrator CS3, if that runs smoothly, then you can install CS3 on the new drive with the single user licence you have already...

andrew

============
============

And what if the drive is dead? Do I lose a license since I cannot bring up Illustrator to deactivate it?

They reinstalled the OS for me. How could I bring up Illustrator from the old drive if they reinstalled the OS for me? So I consider the drive dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back