Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Customize Letterheads in R5

Status
Not open for further replies.

randallJ

IS-IT--Management
Aug 15, 2000
GB
Does anyone know the correct way to customize the letterhead graphic in R5. I have managed to do it following a tech sheet on the Lotus website, however I do not fully understand it. I have made changes to the mail.ntf file in notes Designer and when I preview it those changes appear, however when I use the notes client the changes are not there. I have deleted all other instances of the mail.ntf so surely it can only be looking at that one.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I would make sure that the correct entries are in access control list........be sure you and or whoever else you want to have this is in the access control list

What do you mean by you're previewing the changes? How are you previewing them, through the Notes client preview?
The obvious issues: make sure that default access is reader, that all changes have been signed by an administrative or default ID, make sure you refresh the design of the db's. If that still doesn't work, try just doing a replace design and make sure that the filename of the template matches the filename of the .ntf you were working on.

A few less obvious things to look at. What is the date on the machine you're designing on? If it's set to a date older than what was in the default template, a simple refresh of the design will not update the forms and subforms as they are "newer" than the ones you edited.

If none of the above apply, feel free to email me and I'll see what I can come up with.

Thank you both for your replies.

On further investigation it appears that the changes I make do come into effect - but about a day later. Is there a way for me to force these changes? I tried looking at requests pending but it did not seem to be there. Sjava - you mention refreshing the database - how do you do this?

File - Database - Refresh (or Replace) design.

The reason they come into play a day later is the server task DESIGN. Scheduled to start each morning (see the server notes.ini)

McElvis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back