Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to create Word 97 fill-in the blanks forms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

akbryer

Programmer
Mar 25, 1999
US
Visit site
I made a series of automated forms using Lotus Notes, now I need to re-create the same forms in Word 97. I need to know how to make forms using Word 97 that allow a user to fill-in blank fields.<br>
<br>
Do I need to know VB?<br>
Can you create fields that have a picklist to fill-in the field from?<br>
<br>
Any ideas, instructions, tips appreciated.<br>
<br>
Thanks.<br>
<br>
<p>Gary (akbryer)<br><a href=mailto:Gary_Bryer@Vanguard.com>Gary_Bryer@Vanguard.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br> <br>
<br>
Good deeds do not go unrewarded!

Dreamboat - I would be very grateful if you would send me a copy of your email. Thanks in advance.<br>
<br>
<A HREF="mailto:haynes@wedge.com">haynes@wedge.com</A><br>
<br>

Dreamboat,<br>
<br>
Could you possibly send a copy my way as well?<br>
<br>
Thank You. <p>Phil<br><a href=mailto:Thorn@full-moon.com>Thorn@full-moon.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>Most of us go through life not knowing what we want, but feeling damned sure that this isn't it.<br>

You can do this relatively easily in MS word. Insert a table into your document and then use the 'Forms' toolbar to insert the dropdown checklists that you want to add. Check 'Forms' (Creating, designing, inserting)in MS Word help.<br>
<br>
Hope this helps.

jaytee, thanks for your reply. I appreciate the assistance. <p>Gary (akbryer)<br><a href=mailto:Gary_Bryer@Vanguard.com>Gary_Bryer@Vanguard.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br> <br>
<br>
Good deeds do not go unrewarded!

Dreamboat - here's another who thirsts after knowledge about how to create forms!<br>
<br>
<A HREF="mailto:rbarnes@mail.sandi.net">rbarnes@mail.sandi.net</A>

.....FEELS KINDA LEFT OUT....I TOO WOULD LOVE TO KNOW...<br>
THANKS IN ADVANCE....<br>
<br>
<A HREF="mailto:x3i9196@jddealer.com">x3i9196@jddealer.com</A><br>
<br>
ridge

how about one more for the road dreamboat<br><A HREF="mailto:scsawyer@wctel.net">scsawyer@wctel.net</A>

Will be happy to forward to anyone. I now have a &quot;public&quot; email address I can use: <A HREF="mailto:dreamboat@nni.com">dreamboat@nni.com</A><br><br>I don't always get a chance to get in here, feel free to email the request to me, but tell me you want the &quot;word forms email&quot; just so I know!<br><br>LWinfrey! You didn't post your email address. Kindly email me? Thanks.<br><br>scsawyer's has been emailed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back