Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to create URL Masking with multiple virtual hosts

Status
Not open for further replies.

badmonoboy

Technical User
Jan 20, 2003
US
I would like to know how to make everything under display in the browser URL while still being able to have page contain a link that is just "/email.html" and still have it lead to as normal but while keeping in the URL bar the whole time, thank you

im sorry i forgot to mention that i also want all of that to work with a virtual host user2.mywebsite.com to keep user2.mywebsite.com as his URL base and user3.mywebsite.com to keep user3.mywebsite.com .....

Sorry, not an answer, just a comment.
I see that you posted this question over a week ago and no one’s touched it. I’ve been looking for a how to on this for six months now. The only answer I get is “use frames” which as you know cannot mask URL’s from an experienced user. I know it can be done because I see websites that do it on which I can’t find the page URL’s no matter what I do! Anyway I would appreciate very much if you let me know when and if you find a solution.

Did you look into mod_rewrite? I have found it useful on my server to redirect requests for mail.somehost.com to (less typing for the user, easier for them to understand sometimes, the say "well, I thought my mail server is mail.somehost.com..."

Check out this page...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back