Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Create temporary NDS tree 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

snoles

MIS
Jul 15, 2002
US
I will be using Migration Wizard 6 to move my data from an old 5.1 Compaq to new IBM. Staying with 5.1 for now. Wizard instructions states to "install a destination Netware server in a temporary NDS tree". Does this mean to just makeup a bogus tree and server name on the destination server? Or create on a workstation.

Thanks in advance

Basically, all you have to do is just install your new server into a new tree. I presume you are using a DSMAINT procedure (or the like) to transfer NDS across? -----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

Actually, I was going to create new NW 5.1 server with fake tree name and then use Migration Wizard 6. It is supposed to transfer all NDS database and file system from old to new.

Thanks again Robin's Rule: If you put the cover back on before you test it, it will not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back