Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to create template for Barbell labels size 2.1875 X .5 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

KBGA

Technical User
Jan 23, 2012
US
i have a zebra Lp 2844 i have Barbel labels. writing space is .7635 x .5 i dont see ne stock that looks like this. Im stupified help me pls

Lets get some clarification.....

The Lp 2844 is a narrow format Thermal PRINTER, NOT a BARCODE

i have Barbel labels
Since you say you HAVE[/UU] the labels, do you DO have label stock or not?

If not, then do a Google search for Barbell Labels to find a vendor.
I found:
You could also contact Zebra Customer Support to ask about label stock for your printer.

But you have not told us what Barcode Label Printing software you are using.
That software should allow you to define the stock you are going to print to within your printer.

What is it that you still need to know?

Good Luck,
JRB-Bldr

i showed the picture and specs.I havent seen a software with this type i guess my question is what software has these ive used custom for the configuration i have zebra designer prov2 and nicelabel pro what do i need?

my question is what software has these

The label may have a 'bar bell' shape, but their exterior profile is a rectangle (2 3/16" * 1/2")

Additionally you have a small writing space on the label (3/4" * 1/2").

The question is not what software to use.

Most barcode printing software will allow you to print to a variety of 'standard' sized label stock and some allow you to define a new 'standard' to use - so that in itself should not pose much of a problem.

The bigger problem is due to the limited print area within the label.

'Closed Environments' are where printed barcodes never leave the local location. For this situation you can generally print anything (any barcode symbology) you want, since it will only be your own readers reading the codes and entering the values up into your own system. The only limitation will be your reader capabilities or if you have a limited off-the-shelf inventory, etc. software package.

'Open Environments' are where a printed barcodes are sent 'out-of-house' to others where the code must be read by their readers and the values inputted into their systems (examples UPC-A or UPC-E). These environments have very limited barcode symbologies allowed and are strictly controlled by those on the outside world (the recipients).

I am not sure what barcode symbology you are required to use (UPC-A, UPC-E, I25, etc.), but some symbologies take more label 'real estate' than others for the same length character string.

If you are not symbology-limited, then you might want to investigate your options to find the best for your needs.

You can also reduce the amount of label 'real estate' by changing font size. However, be aware that there are limits to how small you can print due to how small the barcode reader can read.

Good Luck,
JRB-Bldr

Thank you very much!!!!!!! I understand totally what you said and you answer is so well defined. You sir are the cats meow!!!!
Smaller font, Basic configuration used, move within the defined space. No need to search for a stock format picture to work from. Bartender give this man a drink on me !!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back