Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to create tabs within Act.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IanPMurphy

IS-IT--Management
Apr 15, 2003
ES

Anyone know how to create the tabs that appear in the bottom half of the contacts page in Act!
Alternatly if you know of a link to a page describing how to do this.

I have seen Act set up with a tab which opened a browser (embedded explorer) within the tab itself. What I can't work out is the mechanism of how contact launches this link and creates the tab.

Once I have a tab, I want to link to a web page to display information related to the contact in question. The web part should be easy to achieve... I hope.

Ian Murphy

The above message is not quite right. I can create a tab, however what I have seen is Contact linked to another application. The tabs associated with this application do not appear in design mode.

They are obviously created programatically. What I want to find out is how this is done. Presumably Act has some sort of hooks that tell it to launch an application on startup, which creates and handles these tabs.. but how!

Ian

Hello Ian,
You will need the ACT! SDK to be able to create the Web tab you require. That is if you want to do it yourself.

If you want an immediate solution check out:
"ACTExplorer is an FREE ACT ADD-On which places a special version of Internet Explorer on a tab (ACTEx) within ACT which allows you to more closely link specific web pages to each contact and also quickly attach entire pages (or parts of it) to the contact"

I use this add-on and have found it extremely useful.

Regards,
Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back