Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Create Tab Form Control from Other Forms

Status
Not open for further replies.

joopa

Technical User
Sep 9, 2002
US
All,

I have 13 tables. They are all related. I have created 13 Simple forms. I want to make one Master form with tabs for each table/simple form. I can do this using the Wizard, selecting all tables to create a form from and then edit the lay-out extensively.

If I open my simple forms and Copy/Paste, it does not work. The binding is screwed up and it just shows #Name.

Is there an easier way, without having to manually import each field?

Thanks

Hi

Create your 'main' form

Create a tab Control on it ands add pages to the tab control until you have 13 pages

On each page make a subform control, and using the wizard, give the name of one of your simple forms as the form to be emebedded

Is that what you are trying to achieve?

Regards

Ken Reay
Freelance Solutions Developer
Boldon Information Systems Ltd
Website needs upgrading, but for now - UK

Yes, thank you. But it does not work though. I tried as you described but with an empty main form, so I could not really add any records.

My system has a "star" like relationship. I have a Main Table, which is my Many table and the rest are related as One tables.

I tried using my Many table on the form and the the One tables as Sub Form, but it refuses to add any new records, I guess because of referential integrity. I took that off and it helps.

But when I navigate to other records in my Many table, the One Tables stays the same.

I know my Many to One is unusual, but that's what I need in this scenario.

Any comments...?

Jens

Hi

If there is one 'main' table, then make the 'main' form a bound form based on that table.

Do as I said for the (12) 'sub tables' and 'Sub Forms'

In each subform control, set the Master\Child link fields properties to the appropriate value

Regards

Ken Reay
Freelance Solutions Developer
Boldon Information Systems Ltd
Website needs upgrading, but for now - UK

Sorry, I went blank. How do I change the Child/Field Properties between the Master/Child, it won't allow me to select both? Is this the same as making a bound form?

Will that allow me to scroll my main form and see the subforms change to the appropiate records?

My Main Form has individual fields for all the Subforms Primary Fields. For example: Customer_ID in Master(Many) and Primary Key Field Customer_ID in Customer Table.

Sorry for all the questions. Hope it makes sense.

Thanks,

Jens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back