Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to create parameters that affect both subreports 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corres

Technical User
Jun 13, 2006
CA
CR2008
I have a main report that is not connected to the database. The details section_a contains 1 subreport, details section_b contains the second subreport. The reports are not linked to the main report. Both subreports connect to the same database.
The user asks to create parameters to filter the report on dates. The fields (date1, date2) to filter are in both subreports. How to create the parameters?
I was planning to connect the main report to the database and then link the subreports to the main report, and create parameters in main report. But when I link the subreports, it runs and not stopping.
Please give me idea what I am doing wrong!

You can still create the parameter in the main report, even though there is no db connection.

To keep it simple, create the parameter in both subreports and test them individually to make sure the proper data is being returned.

Then create that parameter in the main report. Go to the Change Subreport Links for each subreport and map the main report parameter to the subreport parameter. If done correctly you should only be prompted for the dates once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back