Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Create Interactive Form in Acrobat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuanofironies

Technical User
Nov 12, 2007
US
I have a hard copy of an application and I would like to fill it out on a the computer instead of handrwriting. I'd scanned the application into Acrobat and now I need to figure out how to create fields and type the answers out and be able to save it and print it out. Can someone tell me the specific steps on how to achieve this?
Thanks!
Tuan

Hi, unless you have Acrobat rather than just Reader, you're not going to get far.

With Acrobat go: Tools/Advanced Editing/Text Box Tool (text box tool looks like a grey rectangle ann is next to a circle with a black circle in) and you can draw boxes where you want to write. You can copy and paste these boxes, but you MUST change their name under Text Field Properties/General (when you click on the box) otherwise when you type in them they will just fill with the same text.

When you've got all your fields in place, you can use the hand tool (looks like a hand) to fill in your text.

Now you can save/print your document...

Hope this helps

Thanks a billion bishcherboy!!!!!!!!!!!
That worked very well and I really appreciate that! I have another question, once I type stuff out in the fields I just created, can I go back and selected the type and change the font size?
Thanks!

Hey T, glad to help - what goes around comes around on these forums!

To change font/size etc, double click on your text field to bring up Text Field Properties. Under Appearance you can change your font/size/colour etc. Under Options, in the same Text Field Properties box, you can change your field to be multi-line/change alignment etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back