Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to create index table on pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

skarosi

Programmer
Jan 25, 2004
GR
Hi all,
I have a (quite big) e-book as a pdf, and i was wantering if it is possible to create an index table since there is nothing like that on the file. Do you know if there is any program, prefered free, around for that job?
Thanks, Ilias

if u can catch hold of pdf writer u can create a table

not free but can be got from file sharing network

I have acrobat writer, and i have downloaded an e-book which hasnt got any index, but i cant find anything on acrobat writer to do so.
can you be any more specific?
Thanks

Yeah, I don't think 4 will do it.
Acrobat 6 will generate an index, but I don't think it's the kind of index you are after. This one will recognise the words in the document and create and "Index" which will search for those words (like a find).
If you are after and index like in the back of books, then I think you are out of luck (I could be wrong though)....

Marcus

actually that is what i am looking for, the kind of thing that is at the end of the books.
is there anybody else around here that thing otherwise?
thanks for your help m8s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back