Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to create EXE file

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kozia

Programmer
Sep 9, 2002
CA
I am looking for tha name of utility that creates exe files. In access there is an option to create an mde. But I want a stand alone app so people won;t have to have access installed. I know there was a utility on the cd of access 97 professional but I have no idea what it was called. Now I don't have the CD and we have MS Access 2000 and our admin people don;t know. Does it come with Office 2000? Does anyone know?

I am not aware of any such utility, indeed it seems to me to be one of the biggest shortcomings of Access. To be frank I don't ever remember there being one for A97 either- it certainly wasn't on the Access or Office Professional discs, maybe it was on the developers? In any event I am guessing it would just have been a copy of the runtime version of Access- I am 99% sure that you cannot run an Access Db on any PC that doesn't have at least Access runtime installed. Nigel
Didn't someone say work is supposed to be fun? They didn't have computers then I guess....

No no no there was something. Maybe it was the developpers version but it was creating an exe app and would implement as much of Access into it as needed to run it.

Hi:

I'm afraid that you cannot create an ".exe" file from Access. There are proprietary programs available that make claims to do this, and there are consultants who will contract to convert your application.

"You can distribute your application to users who do not own Access provided you have set up your application with the Office 2000 Developer. With Office Developer you get a host of additional utilities...and most importantly an unlimited run-time license to let you distribute your applications to users who don't have a full copy of Access..." Running Microsoft Access 2000". Gus Brunston [glasses] An old PICKer, using Access2000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back