Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to create Drop Down Menu to go to other Pages 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DParker

Technical User
Dec 16, 2000
US
How do I make a Drop Down Menu so the selections in the Menu will go to other pages in my site.

the website:
The Menu I would like to create:

(Services)as the menu title as a button

First selection: Advertising...page to go to: advertise.htm
Second selection: Hosting...page to go to: hosting.htm
Third selection: Web Design...page to go to: design.htm

and so on.

I have tried to look through the help and there is nothing on this, all the help offers is a Menu in a Form for selection in a Form.

Please help?

Regards,

David Parker
TPA Web Design

Here is some code you can use. I have it on one of my pages:

<FORM NAME=&quot;jumpy&quot;>
<SELECT NAME=&quot;submittal&quot; SIZE=&quot;1&quot;
ONCHANGE=&quot;location.href=this.form.YourFormNameHere.options[this.form.YourFormNameHere.selectedIndex].value&quot;>

<OPTION VALUE=&quot;&quot; SELECTED=&quot;SELECTED&quot;>Click Down Arrow------</OPTION>
<OPTION VALUE=&quot; 1</OPTION>

<OPTION VALUE=&quot; 2</OPTION>

<OPTION VALUE=&quot; 3</OPTION>

</SELECT></FORM>

I hope that helps:).

Jerome

When you use a javascript for a drop down menu like the one in the message above you need to include all your links in it.

So that you only have to create the menu once, to use it on all pages create it on a page by itself, then Insert a Page Include component on every page you want it to show on.

Now when you need to change the menu you only have to change the menu page, not every page.

Please note that you also should create text navigation at the bottom of the page as well (you can use shared borders). I have a friend with an older browser and was shocked to find that a navigation drop down box didn't work on his browser at all!
Linda Adams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back