Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Create Cube from input file as new to Cognos

Status
Not open for further replies.

sys2674

Programmer
Jun 24, 2005
US
Hi I am new to Cognos and have some question
how to create an cube
i wanted to build a power cube of sales history for the sales and marketing departments.

I have one input file for the cube. It will be a big file with duplicate data. when u have a column headres like this

product Sales, Quantities,costs, prices,Item Number,Cust Sort Name
,customer, geography, product, externel sales employee, customer development manager and time.

This gives invoice Qty, sales $, and cost $ for each part for each customer for each period.
We also have salesperson number and item data.

I tried to created this in excel worksheet and inputed one field for each colunm.and saved it as csv.but i could just see the coulmn headers and not the field
suppose colm header "Customer Name" under this i wrote sys but in model i could just see Customer Name and not the field

Urgent help to proceed with this
Thnx
sys

Hi I am new to Cognos and have some question
how to create an cube
i wanted to build a power cube of sales history for the sales and marketing departments.

I have one input file for the cube. It will be a big file with duplicate data. when u have a column headres like this

product Sales, Quantities,costs, prices,Item Number,Cust Sort Name
,customer, geography, product, externel sales employee, customer development manager and time.

This gives invoice Qty, sales $, and cost $ for each part for each customer for each period.
We also have salesperson number and item data.

I tried to created this in excel worksheet and inputed one field for each colunm.and saved it as csv.but i could just see the coulmn headers and not the field
suppose colm header "Customer Name" under this i wrote sys but in model i could just see Customer Name and not the field

Urgent help to proceed with this
Thnx
sys

Why save it as csv ? You can use .xls as a data source in Transformer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back