Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to create an "installable" .exe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

caro8pare

Programmer
Jul 28, 2004
HK
How to create an "installable" .exe?

Check out faq222-2244 to see how to get the best from this forum. In this case, the forum search option.

A quick forum search will provide several answers, including thread222-613069

'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'

start menu > Programs > Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 > Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Tools > Package & Deployment Wizard

mmilan,
This is effectively a duplicate thread from the back end of thread222-906823, which is why it looks a bit odd. Sorry I should have RF'd and pointed out the duplicate earlier

'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'

but is it possible to create your own installer?
I mean, the app automatically copies the DLL's and the runtime files, create folders and so on?

Thank you to all of you, but i put this problem aside
because nothing works and i'm too disapointed.

Wat exactly are you trying to do?
Make an executable file (".EXE") or create an "installation" of your application?

Exactly, is that my .exe works on the computer that I have created it but not on other computer, even if i have the right stuff like dll, for exemple.

So, someone tell me to create an installation of my application to solve the problem. But I think I don't have the option "Package & Deployment Wizard" installed. So I forget this possibility.

And I have always the same problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back