Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to create an object on Word?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Memo1977

IS-IT--Management
Aug 25, 2005
MX
Hello There:

Please I need to know how to insert a FILE in a word document (to appear like an Icon) and evry time that I double click it, open the right application, in this case microsoft project. At this moment I can do it pretty well, but every time that I change the file from the directory there is a missmatch and I can not open the file if I do not modify the link on the "Master File". How to make perssitent this change, no matters the file location.

Hi Memo1977,

If I understand correctly you can't do it. Word identifies embedded files by name and location - if you change the location it won't find the file.

Enjoy,
Tony

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We want to help you; help us to do it by reading this: Before you ask a question.
Excel VBA Training and more Help at VBAExpress[

Thanks for your help it is fine for me...

Regards!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back