Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to create an Impromptu report using cube as entry

Status
Not open for further replies.

elbennaoui

Programmer
Mar 27, 2002
MA
I want to know if it is possible to create an improptu
report not using an ordinary database as entry for this report, but using a cube(MS OLAP CUBE for us).
If not how to use other informations in powerplay which does not exist in a cube but in a RDBMS
Thanks a lot

If not how to use other informations in powerplay which does not exist in a cube but in a RDBMS

I feel it is not possible to create n impomptu report if it's a MOLAP cube. But ROLAP kinds of cubes are stored in the database, so connecting impromptu to ROLAP cubes should not be a poblem. But remember that the information is generally stored in cubes in agregates so you can not expect the transaction level reporting from Impromptu.

Second part of your question is not clear. PowerPlay can show only what is there in cube.

I want to know how to extract data from an RDBMS wich does not exist in a cube in order to constitute an impromptu report combining the 2 sources of information(coming from a cube and an RDBMS).
Thanks a lot

You can acces a MS OLAP Cube in Powerplay by using Powerplay Connect ---------------------------------
Best Regards,
Fabrice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back