Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to create a web application with visual studio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefhandle

Technical User
Mar 9, 2005
DE
Hi,
how can i create a web application with visual studio 2005 professional?
In the standard edition i created it with file--> new project--> asp.net web application
but in vs studio professional i have not this option??
thanks

File->New->WebSite->ASP.Net Web Site

Or and this creates something slightly different (i.e. it has a project file.

File->New->Project->Expand Visual C#->Select Web->Select ASP.Net Web Application

I believe you need the latest service pack for Visual Studio to create the second of these.

You have to check the installation options on Visual Studio 2005 - go to Add / Remove programs for VS2005 on Control Panel and check that you have 'Visual Web Developer' installed. If not then you can't create ASP.NET websites.

I've made this mistake a couple of times when installing and then gone 'where's the websites option'. I don't think that VS2005 installs it by default.

thank you
>Or and this creates something slightly different (i.e. it has >a project file.

>File->New->Project->Expand Visual C#->Select Web->Select >ASP.Net Web Application

That is what i am trying, a new project with a project file
im my case when i click >File->New->Project->Expand Visual C#-> theree is now item for ASP.Net web application!

The sp2 is on mz szstem alreadz installed

I asked the MS Visual Studio Presenter (Sorry, can't remember his name) for the MS Event in St. Louis. My understanding of his answer is that IF you are using any .Net 3.0 then your run time compatibility is only good for Vista and XP WITH SP2.

I am not aware of any SP2 for Visual Studio yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back