Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Create a Voice Mail Box for and Already Existing Extension? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I jsut recently been handed this phone system and need to program so Voicemail boxes. There is an extension already programmed and need to create a voice mail box to go along with it. How do I do it?

Access the voice mail "770" then "9997#" "password" "9" "password" "4-mailboxes" and follow the prompts

I am using the SPM Programming Program, it is more like Dos based ands you use function buttons. What steps to I take in the program to get to it?

Hazmat is assuming you have a Merlin Mail or 007 Merlin Legend Mail. His instructions are for creating the mailbox in the VM by using a telephone to log into the System Administrator's mailbox and following the prompts to create a new mailbox.

You also need to put the extension in the Voice Mail cover group through SPM.

Menu>System Programming>Exit>Extensions>
More>Group Cover

Now enter the Voice Mail Cover Group (typically 30, but can be any group from 1 to 30)

Enter>Inspect

If at this point you see other extensions that have voice mail listed, you have the right group and press back (if not, go to print and print out the Group Coverage report to determine the VM Cover Group)

Now you're back at the 2nd page of Extension options

Group Cover>30>enter>[Extension No.]>Enter>Exit

woohoo! I was having trouble with some extensions that I had renumbered not going to voice mail and this fixed it.

Yea! :-D Thanks, TTTommy!

Julie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back