Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to create a vdn with a dnis 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maya97

Technical User
Sep 10, 2007
US
I know this may seem stupid but I need to know what's the difference between VDN and DNIS? Also how do I associate a number to VDN? I need to create a test 800 vdn but don't know what to do or where to start. Could you please assist.

DNIS is the coding that is delivered by your service provider when a call is received. We use 3-digit coding, but it could be other then 3. The VDN (Vector Directory Number) is what you assign in your system to distribute the calls. If the DNIS you receive from your carrier like AT&T or Sprint matches the VDN you assign; then the calls will follow that pathway. Enter: "ad VDN _ _ _" and see the options that pop up. You will be able to assign a primary vector at this screen. Then the fun begins with vector writing.

Thank you so much that was very helpful....:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back