Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How To Create A SSH Tunneling Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

SyndicateFan

Programmer
Sep 19, 2008
Hi, I am moving to uni soon and would like to set up a small ssh server to keep at home which would accept ssh connections from me at uni, and then forward them to the internet. It is so i can continue to use bit torrent despite their filters. I have found many guides on the internet on how to connect from the client to an ssh account to set up the tunnel but non on how to make the server which relays the requestions to the internet.
Any help is much appriciated

What you're looking for is a proxy server. I cannot, in good concience, tell you how to defeat the security of the network you're on, but there's lots of info on proxys available on the 'net.

--
The stagehand's axiom: "Never lift what you can drag, never drag what you can roll, never roll what you can leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back