Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to create a resource 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenchr

MIS
Mar 20, 2002
US
what is the best way to make a conference room or other equipment a "Resource" that people can check out by inviting them to a meeting? Do I need to create a user called conference room 1 and set it to automatically accept all meeting request or is there a better way?

thanks

-k

Hi,

In a nutshell:

Create a user, name it for the room (resource),

Open the permissions and assign someone the right to open that mailbox,

Set up a profile for that resource in the assigned person's Outlook,

Open that profile

Go to the tools -> options -> calendar -> resources and
set the mailbox to automatically accept meeting requests and to decline conflicting meeting times

(This is just a pretty up step, very optional) open the user object for the room and put "Resource" in the desciption, create a new address list in Exchange manager, Call it Meeting rooms or some such thing,and create the rule for the address list:
user -> description -> begins with -> and put the value "Resource", and add the rule. Preview the list just to make sure the resource shows up.

Now your users will see in the Global address list "Meeting Rooms" or the meeting room name and be able to add this as a resource when they schedule a meeting.

Hope this helps,

Wyz

Thanks for the help, that is just what I was looking for.

Thanks

-k

This worked for me also!
But I do have one more nit picky thing... it seems the only way to get the resource to respond correctly is if you select it as a resource when you invite it. Is there a way to make that the default for that object?

Thanks.

Hi Freakus,

I haven't found a way to do that yet. I would invite you to generate a new question to the Forum at large. Maybe someone knows the answer and can help you out.

Wyz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back