Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to create a report using parameter in datareport?

Status
Not open for further replies.

macwan

Programmer
Apr 5, 2001
IN
When I write a sql stmt in datacommand property of dataenvironment with a where clause, I need to specify a parameter. but the parameter tab remains disable. How can i enable it or how can i put a parameter?

Once created and successfully tested datareport doesn't run next time. The next time, the report shows the "Not enought space available for this task." Why this error comes? and what is the solution?

Hi McWan,

I have the same problem, i.e. the parameter tag is disable. Have u sorted out how it works yet? If so, please share.

THANKS

R C

IMHO don't bother trying to create anything more than a very simple report with built in data reporting tools in VB. To say they are handicapped is an understatement. What I would highly recommend if you can afford it is to get a third party reporting tool with VB support. An example would be Crystal Reports. That's not to say these tools are perfect, but, they are vastly superior to the data reporting tools in VB. Dan Grogan
dan@siqual.com

"Absit prudentia nil rei publicae profitur."
Without common sense you ain't gonna have nothing.

I am really having problems with DataReport. I am about to give up. I followed some of the examples given by Microsoft's support site, however, while I could manage to show details of records retrieved, it is killing me to try to add groupings.

Siqual, is Crystal Report capable of doing grouping? Crystal rpt is not at all cheap. Also, I am using MySQL as DBMS, will Crystal work?

Thanks

iamgeyser

After the WHERE statement put a ?. the tab will then become active.
John Macleod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back