Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to create a Allusers group

Status
Not open for further replies.

muralijanu

IS-IT--Management
Oct 31, 2003
IN
Hi experts,

Windows 2003, Exchange server 2003 platform.

Please tell me, how to create a allusers group, like everyone@mydomain.com, by sending mail to this Id will inturn send mail to every one in that organization. And when ever i add a new userm, it should be added in to that group by default.

thanks in advance

Assuming you have a default secutiry group, i.e. "Domain Users", you can right click on the group in ADUC and select "Exchange Tasks" then create an e-mail alias for the group.

Hai nsantin,

Thanks for your reply. as u said i created email alias. but it didn't work. if i am creating email alias for domain admins and i added my users to that group, able to send mail. not to domain users. i would appriciate if u tell some other way, like creating a group and using scripts....

thanks in advance

I use this method. Can't remember exactly how this is done but heres a brief description of what you might need.

Create a distribution group in Active Directory User and Computers. Name the group to whaterver you want, as you go through the process an email address for that group will be created in exchange. When finished double click the group select the members tab and add the users who you want to be in that group. When someone emails that group email address it will go to all the users in the members tab.

Sean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back