Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to copy data from a dead letter queue to a normal queue??

Status
Not open for further replies.

gertvangaever

Technical User
Apr 3, 2002
BE
Because a queue was not handled, it became full.
After it was full, messages were that were supposed to get in the queue, were sent to the dead letter queue (SYSTEM.DEAD.LETTER.QUEUE).

Now all the messages in the queue were handled, so we want to copy the messages in the dead letter queue to the original queue. But, the messages are now in a different format. Normally we copy messages from queue to queue using PQEDIT, but this doesn't strip the dead letter queue header from the message.

I've heard about a tool that exist to do this.
Doesn anyone know how I can do this??

Tnx

I found it.
I use 'PQEDIT', select the messages, and choose 'EDIT | forward...', then I can select 'strip DLQ header if found'

A reasonably simple way to do this is to use the supplied Dead Letter Handler (runmqdlq - assuming you're not on the mainframe or AS/400).

You just need to set up a simple rules table and tell it to retry the messages you're interested in. See the System Administration manual for full details.

Cheers,
Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back