Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to copy a record from another table in another folder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoon

Technical User
Nov 27, 2002
US
I have a commercial database that uses a jet engine. I make a backup of this database in another folder on the same computer.

How can I copy a record from the backup database into the working database using SQL?

Link to the backup database's table that has the record, then create an Append Query to move the record into the working database.

For example,

The working database tabel is called Transactions, the backup database's table is also Transactions.

In the database window, choose File, Get External Data, Link, locate the backup database, slect the Transactions table. It will be linked as Transactions1.

The SQL code would be:

Insert Into [Transactions] Select [Transactions1].* from [Transactions1] WHERE [Transaction ID] = " & Me![Transaction ID] & ""

Anthony J. DeSalvo
President - ScottTech Software
"Integrating Technology with Business"

Thanks for the help. I couldn't try this because the only way to query this database is with the built in reports or in a box that you type in SQL, no File, Get External Data, Link.

Using your example, and just SQL, would I include a path like -

Insert Into C:\Poduct[Transactions] Select [Transactions].* from C:\Backup[Transactions]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back