Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to convert TrueSync 2.0b for use in iPhone 3G?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfid

Technical User
Jul 31, 2008
US
Hello folks. I'm new here, having found you thru searching. After 10 years of using a Rex 3 card with TrueSync Desktop 2.0b I have entered the 21st century with an iPhone 3G. I like the iPhone so far, but I love TrueSync for ease of use and features, and I'll miss it. Now how do I get my data to it?

I need to convert both the TrueSync calendar and card file to an iPhone/iTunes sync-able form. I understand TrueSync is a relative of Sidekick. I hope one of you can help me.

I'm running XP Pro and Office 2003. I guess I will use Outlook 2003 for calendar and contacts (Is there something better?). I have an old CD with Office97 Professional Edition. It was uninstalled when Office 2003 was installed.

Can someone offer specific steps to make this conversion? Or point me to weblinks that offer such steps? I'll need a step-by-step guide.

Thanx,
Dfid

Dear dfid,

faq807-3761

Regards
Jim

Regards Jim
Check the FAQ area of this Forum for answers (If there are any FAQs!) , it could save you a lot of time and effort!

Thanks Jim,
I did indeed read all the FAQs but, sadly, the process seems just too cryptic and complicated for me to figure out what to do...with no assurance of a successful outcome.

I did get Outlook97 to work but it will only import contacts, not the calendar. (I already got the contacts converted via Excel.) Regretably, it seems that I will lose my 10-years of TrueSync calendar history...other than printing a hard copy and/or leaving TrueSync online for history.
Regards,
Dfid

Dear dfid,

If you are still interested in converting the Calendar Data check out the following faq

faq807-6797

I did see your last entry in this thread but I was 60 the next day and celebrating early so I did not get around to giving you an answer.

Regards
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back