Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to convert PDF clip into Word editable file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

katrina11

Technical User
Apr 30, 2011
I have Word 2007 Document with PDF clip within it and I wonder if there is any way to convert it into Word Editable file?
-Can I do it in Word?
OR
-Can I do it with Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Professional or Adobe Acrobat 7 or Adobe Designer 7.0 or Acrobat Distiller 7?

The pdf clip contains text and images and I really need an either way to edit the text part.

How can I do it? Is it possible at all?

Thank you in advance,

Katrin

Hi Katrin,

Adobe Acrobat Pro can save PDFs as Word documents.

Cheers
Paul Edstein
[MS MVP - Word]

Paul,

It does, but it looks like a clip with little handlers around it and it is not editable at all while I need "alphanumeric " part of the clip to be editable....

Is there any way to do it?

Thank you in advance,

Katrin

OOPS, I hve just realized that I have a standard version. Not PRO...

Katrina11 - Try making the entire Word document into a PDF, either from inside Word, or from inside Acrobat. Once it's all a PDF, in Acrobat 7 Standard, OCR the PDF Clip section, and then save the whole thing as a Word document, then bring it up in Word. You may lose some formatting, but you may get back edit control of the section you don't have edit control of now.

Fred Wagner

I use adobe X. It is also can save pdf as editable word document and even for image-based pdf files.
Although Fred Wagner's answer make most use of your Adobe Acrobat 7 but, I think you may end up with much manual editing. So try to find a program to convert pdf to editable word, and then add pdf to word as you want will be more convenient and gratified.

Retaining "format" upon export of PDF page content is often a 'no-start' if the PDF is not, at a minimum, a workable "Tagged PDF". After all, one of Tagged PDFs 'design criteria' is to support effective export.
With that said Acrobat, in particular Acrobat X, or other products can provide a relatively 'ok' export to Word / RTF from an untagged PDF.
Maybe what mentioned above is not useful for you, i personally share you with a article about how to converting PDF files to Word, you just need to follow the easy guide.
Cheers.

http://www.softwarebbs.com/wiki/PDF_Converter
If the pdf is plain file that you can copy text when reading it, then it'smuch easier to convert PDF to word for editing.
If the pdf was created from image file or scanner, then you should use an OCR text recognition software to extratc text from pdf file. Good luck!

You can use the Classic PDF Converter for this purpose, it will give you the opportunity to have the files converted to over 500+ formats keeping your real file values intact. I hope you would like it and you would be able to do your task through it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back