Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to convert multi-exe program to single (MDI?) app

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerryk

Programmer
Jun 13, 2001
US
Hi,
I have a friend who's a self-taught vb6 programmer, and he's made an app with about 30 screens (forms), each of which compile into separate .exe files.

My problem is I want to publish it via Citrix, and the multi exe thing isn't working unless I publish an entire desktop.

Is there a fast-track method to combine this multi-exe project into a single "window", perhaps by using an mdi interface?

We probably have several options; I'm grateful for any opinions you can offer.

Jerry

I'm afraid you're looking at a re-write.

Chip H.

Thanks. I was afraid of that...but thought there might be some gimmicks out there that might speed the process.

-j

If each of the separate apps contain only one form, couldn't you just import each into your app and designate them as mdi child forms?

You may have some work tidying up references, etc., but it seems like it could work......

You can try that, but if someone was a newbie enough to create separate exe's for every form, I would suspect there are more fundamental problems under the surface that would need to be addressed.

Chip H.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back