Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to convert documents to pdf format using php

Status
Not open for further replies.

sknyppy

Programmer
May 14, 1999
US
I need to find a way to allow users to select multiple files from a list and generate a single PDF file from them.

The documents are limited to the following formats: MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, Plain Text, gif/jpeg images.

Are there any PHP classes or modules that exist which can tackle this tough task?

Thanks,
Dave

jeff- I like your sig....not sure what the sleeves are about tho.

Robert Carpenter
"You and I have need of the strongest spell that can be found to wake us from the evil enchantment of worldliness." - C.S. Lewis (The Weight of Glory)

thanks robert... the sleeves thing is a quote from the movie Napoleon Dynamite. wacky film.

-jeff
try { succeed(); } catch(E) { tryAgain(); } finally { rtfm(); }
i like your sleeves...they're real big

Your answer was very informative if I never heard of Google but of course that was the first thing I did and the results contained nothing of value.

Dave-

From what you posted originally this would seem to be adequate.

The search: ("create pdf php")

The relevant result (#2):

From the R&OS pdf class website:
Want to create dynamic pdf documents with PHP, but don't want to (or can't) install any of those required modules? ... Well we could have the solution.. for you, a PHP class which will allow the easy production of simple pdf documents...

Robert Carpenter
"You and I have need of the strongest spell that can be found to wake us from the evil enchantment of worldliness." - C.S. Lewis (The Weight of Glory)

oh, then you probably should have googled for "create pdf php do all the work for me"

-jeff

Sorry Jeff. I thought this was a technical forum used for dicussion of PHP questions. I assume your obvious simple answer indicates you have no experience creating converting ms documents to pdf format using PHP. Your little signature is way cool though.

Have a nice day.

dave,

you are correct. when one asks a simple vague question "is there x that can do y" you are likely to get a STFW response.

if you are having technical problems with code you have written and/or are using, post the CODE you are having trouble with and you will receive TECHNICAL assistance.

-jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back