Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to control user disk usage quota ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sherly

Programmer
Apr 18, 2002
MY
Hello, we have a win 2000 server and we have a few folders assigned to a few user. Each user should have only 5MB of maximum usage for their individual's folder. We are using the WarFTP server. Is there anyway to control the user disk usage? Any 3rd party software to control this? Coz currently I do not find any windows tools that will control user's disk usage.

Thanks...

Yu can enable Quotes in Windows 2000 .... this only work on the Volume though and applies to all folders on that volume.

Get properties of the Drive and click on the Quotas tab.

It's a bit of a pain that it only works on the volume level. I've had to move my users personal folders onto a separate volume to cope with this.

You can enable Quotes in Windows 2000 .... this only work on the Volume though and applies to all folders on that volume.

Get properties of the Drive and click on the Quotas tab.

It's a bit of a pain that it only works on the volume level. I've had to move my users personal folders onto a separate volume to cope with this.

Activate Quotas for the volume, set it to do not limit disk usage and Deny Disk space to users exceeding quota. The quota entries button on the Quota tab allows you to set
Quotas for individuals.

Sorry, this couldn't works for me, coz user login using FTP, they don't have accounts in Windows 2000.

Quotas won't work then, directory must be owned by each user, not by admin.

Why not just assign user logins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back