Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to connect to NAM 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshesch

Technical User
Oct 1, 2002
US
I just inherited a customer with an ICS 0X32 and a NAM voice mail with 4.0 software.

There isn't a modem card in it and I can't connect to it using my laptop, but I'm not not sure if I'm doing it right. No maunuals and I'm not familiar with the NAM. Can anyone help me?

I run voice mail manager for 4.0 and I tried assigning 192.168.110.10, 192.168.110.11, and 192.168.110.12 and giving my nic card 192.168.110.13, but it fails to communicate.

I apprecaite any help.

Thanks,

Ed

Ed,

The way I've always connected to the NAM has been with a DB-9 to DB-9 null modem cable. I connect my PC's com port to the NAM's com port B. You will need to create ("install") a new modem with the driver file "NVMPPP2.INF" from Nortel as the driver/disk to install the modem. Make sure "wait for dial tone" is NOT selected in the modem's properties. Once you have created the modem and connected the cable, create a new dial-up networking (dial-up) connection. You will use a username of "namaccess" and password of "log2nam". When the connection is established, run the NVM 4.0 software and try the IP of 192.168.110.11 first, then the others if it doesn't work.

Hope this helps,

Squidboy

You could also hook up a monitor, keyboard and mouse, if there is a video card installed.

I have had great success connecting to the com port with nvm manager in a Windows 98 computer but have not had any luck on a Windows XP. any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back