Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Connect to an Access DB remotely

Status
Not open for further replies.

drmaves

Programmer
Jun 20, 2002
US
I have some Access Databases on my web server and would like to administer them remotely without having to have Access installed on my web server. Is there a client that will allow me to do that?

Sure, VBScript will do that. Now do the homework...the time you spend will more than equal the cost of an Access stand-alone.

Jeff Roberts
Insight Data Consulting
Access and SQL Server Development

It's not a matter of the cost of Access it's a matter of not wanting to install it on my web server. If you're referring to VBScript to write an interface, that's not what I'm after. I'm looking for a client that I can install and use directly. I do this with MySQL using a remote client and it works great, just wish I could do the same with Access.

You can program Access with VB Script:

Set objAcc = CreateObject("Access.Application")

objAcc.QueryDefs.Add strSQL

etc.

How remote? WAN or HTTP? If it's WAN a copy of Access elsewhere can connect remotely.

Jeff Roberts
Insight Data Consulting
Access and SQL Server Development

HTTP. Unfortunately I know nothing about VBScript.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back