Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to connect panasonic kx-tde620 shelf extension to main kx-tde600xe remotely

Status
Not open for further replies.

moragd

Technical User
Nov 7, 2013
NG
Please kindly help me out I have KX-TDE600XE installed but the two KX-TDE620 expansion shelf were installed in different buildings.How can we connect the two to the main equipment remotely since we are not using BUS-M Card, required to connect the Basic Shelf to the first Expansion Shelf but we have LAN Connection to each of the expansion shelf in the other buildings.

You can’t. Only way to have the two system in different buildings is if the two are both kxtde 600 and connected via gateway The second cabinet in the other building can be a 620 uplinked to the first one

You should have consulted before the installation. Just like OBT has said, you can't!. If your interest is to minimise costs of deploying IP phones on the other buildings but want to communicate over IP, you could purchase third-party SIP license and use Analog Media GW to support analog phones on the far end.

I have always deployed it that way and works flawlessly.

I say thank you very much Obtsystems and OMONAT at least I have learnt a lot from your what to do.Please can you help me again on how to about with your with two suggestions on the purchase third-party SIP License and use of Analog Media GW and if two kx-tde 600 can be connected via gateway .What are the requirements for me to implement any of the two suggesstions.ONCE AGAIN I SAY THANK YOU.

I am not sure if KX-TDE600 has a license for third-party SIP devices. Please check and confirm but this (KX-NCS4716) looks like it.
On KX-NS500, i have deployed Analog phones through ATA at remote sites using KX-NSM7XX license. However, you will not be able to use KX-TDE620 remotely as it has to be physically connected KX-TDE600.

See DAG2000-16S (192.168.0.105)in attached diagram, registers to KX-NS500 (192.168.0.101), but the analog extensions from DAG2000-16S are in a remote building registered to KX-NS500 over fiber.

You could use Yeastar ATA but i found Dinstar to be cheaper.

Perhaps someone can confirm if KX-NCS47XX supports third-party SIP devices. I haven't tested on KX-TDE series but i have tested and confirmed with KX-NS300, KX-NS500, KX-NS700 and KX-NS1000 IP-PABX

The choice of your ATA will depend on how many analog extensions you want. The other option is to use IP Phones which is expensive offcourse.

how many phones are going on the remote site

Have you purchased any equipment yet?

THANKS FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE AND GUIDE ,I REALY APPRECIATE YOU ALL.We have already mount one main kx-tde600XE with 36 ip phones WORKING and two kx-tde600xe in two different buildings (BLOCK A AND BLOCK B) and they not connected yet we have done the wiring.We dont have kx-tde620 and all the 3 equipments are kxtde600xe the the number of analogue lines they are suppose to is almost 60 extensions.My problem is how to link the other two PBX WHICH CARRY ANALOGUE LINES TO WORK WITH THE MAIN PBX.

If you have 3 systems you could network them but they will have to have different numbers on extensions on each site.

Lines can be used across the network with programming of the system routing. Probably best to get someone with experience to do this. I would get a link cards for the two on one site if they are in the same site to make programming easier to behave as one system

The two other equipments are not far from each other,LAN Cable already layed for each of them and what link card you said can be used for these purposes. The problem of numbering systems of the two can handle.
Thanks

If they are not in the same cabinet then you can’t link with cards. You will have to setup as 3 systems linked through gateway cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back