Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to connect my pc on the tv

Status
Not open for further replies.

forrozeiro

Programmer
Sep 1, 2001
BR
I´ve got a gforce card with tv-out and can´t figure out how to configure it so it uses my TV as the display. Could anyone help me on that ?

nVidia cards need to be connected to both a monitor and a tv at once to switch the display to the tv. Once that is done in the driver properties, you can disconnect the monitor and the machine will run off the tv.

Make sure you are running the latest drivers too.

I'm not sure the options are available to turn the TV-out on or off when running the default windows drivers.

Usually the TV-out plug (either s-video or rca) also needs to be plugged into something (tv/vcr) for the the card to detect it's in use.

i am using a geforce 2 440mx nvidia card, i always disconnect my monitor, plug the tv out svideo cable into my tv via a scart converter and just boot the computer up, thats it, i also do it to record the output of the computer to my dvd recorder, good for movie clips you may have downloaded and want to quickly convert without the long wait with encoding.

Why bother to disconnect the monitor. Surely you could just turn it off and save the wear on the connector?

i have a similar problem. i have everything hooked up correctly (i'm pretty sure anyways). and when i enable the tv as a monitor device, it shows up in black and white. i have tried changing the color settings on the tv, and they are fine, and i do not have any color options thru the video card for the tv.

anyone have any suggestions?

Check to see whether there are alternative AV choices on the TV. Mine has 3 AV channels for different applications, each with an AV(s) option for S-Video. If I use this with a composite input I get a B+W image.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back